INVESTOR:DKC Avis Medika OOD
CONSTRUCTOR:Dipl. eng. Vaentina Dikova
GENERAL CONTRACTOR:Monolit OOD
ARCHITECT:Arch. Tatiana Markishka, Designer - Skabrin OOD
Diagnostic Consultative Center “AVIS MEDICA” is located in the central part of the town of Pleven at close proximity to the pedestrian zone and the Museum of the Liberation of Pleven. The building has got 2500 sq. m. of built-up area and consists of an old part – monument of culture built in 1923 with built-up area of 700 sq. m., and a newly built section of 1800 sq. m.
The old part was restored and functionally transformed into a diagnostic consultative center in 2000, and the new part covers the existing turbot of the old building. The two sections are functionally connected, with passages on each floor.
Because of the great depth of the plot, the new building has an inner court, which allows the natural lighting and ventilation of the premises. In it a panoramic lift is also constructed. In architectural terms, the new building is a continuation of the façade of the architectural monument, which has been consulted with the National Institute of Immobile Cultural Heritage.
With the view of allowing the interior not to correspond with a health facility at first glance, the investors decided to resort to the unconventional ideas of the designers from Skabrin Designers and accomplished the project fully developed by them. In this way the atmosphere of the old architecture is transferred to the interior of the building.
On the basement there is a large physiotherapy and clinical laboratory with a cozy waiting room and sanitary units adapted for disabled. On the ground floor is the registry situated in a spacious lobby, the nuclear magnetic resonance and doctors’ consulting rooms. On the upper floors there are doctors’ consulting rooms of different sizes, in accordance with the specificity of different specialities.
During the restoration of the old building the old inner joinery was preserved, the same style being transferred to the new building.
The architectural elements of the façade of both buildings were accomplished on the basis of the original project, accidentally found during the repair works at the end of the last century. The interesting fact is that during the construction of the building in 1923, the architectural elements of the façade were not fully implemented, but after the discovery of the original design, the investors decided to build them according to the initial idea.