INVESTOR:ZORA MMS LTD
GENERAL CONTRACTOR:Terrabuild Engineering LTD, eng. Filip Gledachev, eng.Hristo Georgiev
ARCHITECT:Cityscape - arch. Kalina Kuseva, arch. Gergana Milusheva; Valesta- arch.Valentin Stamov
The Chain store ZORA began its rebranding together with Architectural Studio Cityscape for its 25th anniversary. The next logical step was to design an independent building of the brand, with the idea to implement the new vision in exterior. Thus, in 2018 year, the first two-storeyed shop opened doors in the urban environment of Burgas, bringing the new messages of the company.
It has been responsible task for Cityscape Architects to design a building with the same effect as the already created interior environment adequate to the innovation and dynamics of the technology. The store had to be perceived just as well during the night as in daytime. No man was to remain be indifferent to it, everyone should be intrigued and want to visit the Chain. A specific geometric matrix, inspired by space technologies, had already been created. It is far from being anti-gravity, but it transmits a sense of an achievable future. That feeling had to be created within the elevation. It had to fit elegantly and simply into the silhouette of the city with a memorable vision linked to the corporate identity of the company.
In that way, the idea of the specific geometric matrix to “slide” on the façade, to skillfully highlight it and to form an entrance had arised. Looking for dynamics and achieving futurism, it is illuminated in the corporate color of ZORA, so that it can be memorable throughout twenty-four hours per day.
Entering the building, the visitor is welcomed by the geometrical matrix, which begins from the floor through the various levels, on walls and ceilings to recreate this sensation of anti-gravity. An environment, adequate to the innovation and dynamics of the technology, has been created. The leading desire was to create a space, where people can freely communicate, going through a digital and futuristic experience. The searched sensation of material, shape and colour has been definitely achieved by the architects.
A central open area is designed, from which the sectors of the individual commodity groups are visible and accessible. The drawn track line passes through all levels of the commercial hall, but also offers good visibility to the products displayed at any point. Trade zones are open, so that they could communicate well with each other and above all with the customer, who can quickly and easily define their needs and combine products according to their individual taste and style.
The 46th store ZORA is not just a project with a new architectural design, but it also transmits the company's messages into the urban environment – the world of scientific progress, accessible to everyone in Bulgaria.
X:\ZORA\ZORA46_Burgas 2\PICS\EVENTS\2018.10.26_BUILDING OF THE YEAR\COMMERCIAL BUILDING_ZORA_20181029.docx
съдържанието на този документ е собственост на сityscape; на всяко негово копиране и използване без знанието и изричното съгласие на собственика се гледа като на нарушение
на закона за авторското право.
for input materials and technologies
- Fundaments - strengthening, drainage, injection - driving piles, making reinforced concrete - by Koistler System;
- Construction - monolithic reinforced concrete construction, with inverted beams, allowing large intercooler - built by Terrabuild Engineering;
- 12 cm thermal insulation (mineral padding/xps and graphite gray mineral plaster - completed by Terrabuild Engineering;
- Etalbond figures with built-in led lighting, turquoise color; detail by Cityscape; designed specifically for the project; built by Art Real;
- Vizard - a combination of reinforced concrete and metal construction, with hidden drainage, dressed in etalbond, with built-in lighting, in detail by CityScape, designed specifically for the project; built by Terrabuild Engineering and Art Real;
- Window frames - Dorma facade system, with highly insulating door and window system, meeting the highest requirements, at Cityscape nesting; Glazing - AGS;
- Thermal insulation system of mineral padding/xps, steam insulation system and finish of bitumen waterproofing; boards formed by stainless metal cap and elements of etalbond by a special detail designed by Cityscape; built by Terrabuild Engineering and Art Real;
- Figures designed by specific detail by Cityscape, materials – vinyl and carpet; built by BG Nastilki;
- Figures of individual construction, designed by specific detail by Cityscape, buit by Terrabuild Engineering
- MDF modules with integrated led lighting, specially designed for the project by Cityscape, produced by Zora style Ltd.
Solutions for accessibility:
- The building is designed to provide access for disadvantaged people