GENERAL CONTRACTOR:PARSEC GROUP LTD
ARCHITECT:arch. Ognyan Kostadinov
ADDRESS:village of Chernogorovo
In the past year, company PARSEK GROUP EOOD has implemented dozens of projects around the country. However, one of the most significant one in terms of its social aspect was the project: Major renovation and implementation of energy efficiency measures in Kindergarten No.4, Branch of Chernorogorovo.
The implementation of the project is by far amongst the most important decisions Municipality Dimitrovgrad has taken to keep the young people in their local village Chernogorovo. The availability of sufficient places in the kinder gardens is an important factor in the decisions of young families whether to stay or move. The second issue is the quality of the conditions offered in the childcare center: a renovated building with a spacious green garden, outside playgrounds, spacious activities rooms would attract the attention of the parents from the nearby locations. The selection of pre-school childcare center is the main reason for migration of young families. The decision of Municipality Dimitrovgrad to renovate the building in Chernogorovo into a full capacity childcare center will bring back the attention and interest in the quarter. On the other hand this serves as a symbol and example that it is worth investing in Chernogorovo or in other words it’s worth living there. The project is financed under Beautiful Bulgaria project. The kinder garden was opened in 1986 and till the present moment it has not been renovated.
The technical part of the design includes the overall change of the roof of the building and implementation of energy efficiency measures – laying thermal insulation on the facades and in the under-roof space, change of the joinery of the second floor with new PVC joinery, general repair works of all the premises in the second floor and repair of the outdoor staircase in the south. New more energy efficient air conditioners have been installed. The WSS and power supply installations have been replaced. The yard area has also been renovated. The project falls within the V-th (fifth) category of constructions. The dormitory at the first floor is transformed into a methodical classroom and in the second floor enough rooms are provided to serve the capacity of children attending the kindergarten.
The following energy efficiency measures have been implemented:
- on all facades wall, above the plinth, thermal insulation of expanded polystyrene (EPS) 10 cm thick and thermal conductivity coefficient λ≤0,035 W / (m.K) was made.
- along the entire plinth length, above the ground level thermal insulation of expanded polystyrene (EPS) 10 cm thick and thermal conductivity coefficient λ≤0,033 W / (m.K) was made
- above the roof reinforced concrete slab and in the under-roof space thermal insulation of mineral wool, 10 cm thick and thermal conductivity coefficient λ≤0.040 W/(m.K) and fire reaction class А was made;
The existing woodwork in the facades of the second floor has been fully changed. In the first floor the joinery has been renovated with PVC one previously and is compliant to the technical requirements. The new façade joinery that was installed in the second floor is as follows:
- in the second floor façade – white color, 5 chamber PVC profile, glazed with glass pane 24 mm (4/16/4) with one white float glass and one low-emission K-glass; without horizontal and vertical axis opening, U=1.4 w/m2K;
- at the building entrance in the south, at the outdoor staircase the existing opening is increased and new double door with dimensions 180/200 – white aluminum joinery, with thermal-break system, glazing with glass pane 24 mm (4/16/4) with two normal float glasses; without horizontal and vertical axis opening, U=2.2 w/m2K;
- the plastering woks at the openings will be made with thermal insulation of expanded polystyrene (XPS) 2 cm thick and thermal conductivity coefficient λ≤0,033 W/(m.K);